23 February 2009

A New Era Begins

Last week, I've finally done something I never dreamed of doing before: I read an ebook.

The book I read was George Orwell's classic Nineteen Eighty-Four. I think it's the best work of fiction I have ever read; that's not my point here though. It's my first time reading a virtual book on a computer! Yeah, I'm so backward and quaint and old-fashioned, right? (LOL).

Anyway, I really love the feeling of holding a real book in my hands. It somehow feels different, less engaging, less comfortable to sit in front of a computer and stare at that stark rectangle of glare called a screen. I love the texture of paper between my fingers and the scent of fresh (or aged) sheets wafting from the pages. Even more than that, I enjoy curling up in bed while reading (see my "mundane questions" post below for my reading habits).

So, reading Nineteen Eighty-Four on a computer was not, exactly, a comfortable experience. It felt strange. But I suppose this is the way to go for the future. Think about it: I can now read books without spending a cent!

It's the start of a new era. Paper is a thing of the past, almost.

Not that I like it.

No comments:

##THE FOLLOWING IS THE TRACKING CODE ##